We aim to cater for the needs of all our guests to the best of our ability.
The following access statement is a summary of the facilities we offer. Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
We are NOT on a bus route. A car will be needed to travel to and from Brecks Cottage. The main train station is approx.15min drive.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is off road parking for seven cars. Parking directly outside our downstairs rooms may be possible. Please ask when booking.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The entrance to the main house main is on the ground floor with one small step.
- The 2 ground floor rooms are in an annex, separate to the main house and have level entrances.
- The ground floor rooms can be twin or double or triple – third bed being on a double mezzanine floor.
- There is an en-suite wet room within each ground floor room.
- Both en-suites have non slip flooring.
- The breakfast areas are in the main house. There is a step up through the front door to the first eating area and a further step to the second.
- There is TV, DVD and ‘Freeview’ in all rooms.
- Free wireless connection is available thoughout the property
- The ground floor rooms have laminate floors and the house has carpets.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Breakfast is served in the main house
- This is a strictly non smoking Bed & Breakfast. Smoking is only permitted off the premises. Ash buckets are provided outside the main gate.
Public Areas – WC
- All rooms are en-suite.
- There is no public toilet
Restaurant / Dining Room
- Breakfast is served in the breakfast room and dining room both on ground floor. There is a small step into the house and a further small step into the dining room.
- We are not a licensed premises
Brecks Cottage is a country cottage B&B, however small day time meetings can be catered for by prior arrangement. Please ask when booking.
- The bedrooms in the main house are upstairs. They are all en-suite but the stairs are quite steep and there are further single steps into rooms typical of most cottages as old as Brecks Cottage.
- All rooms have TV, DVD, and ‘Freeview’, beverage making facilities.
- There is free wireless connection in the main house.
- The ground floor rooms in the annex are suitable for people with limited mobility
- They are not quite big enough for the movement of wheelchairs.
- They have cushion floors.
- The ground floor beds are twin. There is a double bed on a mezzanine floor.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- Ground floor rooms have en-suite wet rooms with 4ft doors but no grabrails.
- Non-slip flooring.
- All towels provided.
- Upstairs two rooms have en-suite shower rooms with standard size cubicles.
Grounds and Gardens
- The front gardens are accessible to all with gravel and slab walk areas.
- There is a range of seating in the gardens
Address: Brecks Cottage Bed & Breakfast, Green Lane, Moorhouse, Nr Newark, Notts, NG23 6LZ
Telephone: +44 (0)1636 822445 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.breckscottage.co.uk
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone or email